TAU CHAPTER HISTORY

 Daily Illini - January 4th 1917

Daily Illini - January 4th 1917

Since March 23rd 1917…

The roots of Tau Chapter lie in the foundation of the Beta Phi Fraternity in 1915, which regularly met at 601 E. White Street, on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Ninth Convention of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated elected to induct the members of Beta Phi into the Fraternity as its eighteenth undergraduate chapter. Tau Chapter was installed on March 23, 1917 by Brother George P. Hinton of Pi Chapter (Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, Ohio).